Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Remember


I know at times I must really frustrate God. He has surrounded me with a 1,000 reasons to remember him daily. Whether it is all the memorials he has recorded throughout his word, or the granduer of his creation - somehow I still forget.

Like many of my peers I get busy with work, children and yes it is even possible to get too busy at church (if you are working without purpose). Trying to live life can quickly crowd out the the importance of "retaining God in our knowledge."

I am thankful that in addition to the encouragement I find God's word and the friends he has sent to hold me accountable, that God still works in my life. I can't always explain how God calls me to remembrance. Sometimes he uses a trial or hardship, at other times it is the pure joy that comes from a brother or sister stepping up and walking with me through life, but this I know - God is alive and active.

So next time you feel you are drifting, or alone, remember God because he never forgets you.

No comments: