Monday, February 11, 2008

Searching for God


I believe all of mankind is on a quest to discover God. While there are those who claim atheism or agnosticism, they too are seeking, but they reject the object of their search. Victor Frankl wrote the classic book, "Man's Search for Meaning." In that book he explains how prisoners coped, or failed to cope in the German concentration camps.

This morning in my quiet time I was reminded of how the busyness of life can get in the way of our time with God. Satan is really good at filling our lives with so much white noise that we neglect the important task of building and maintaining our relationship with God.

One reason I enjoy teaching is that it forces me to be disciplined in my study and prayer time. I once spent two years in a men's discipling program that also emphasized daily study and prayer. As I opened my Bible this morning and spent a few minutes in prayer, I realized how often I have let those disciplines lapse.

I pray that you too are on a journey to know God. That you will make time to build a close relationship with Him through Bible study and prayer. My personal quest is to KNOW GOD, not simply to know about God.

No comments: